Villamena is about 5 kms from Assisi, the City of St. Francis, situated in the heart of the Umbrian hills. It is originally medieval. The name comes from a famous engraver, Francesco Villamena who lived there. (1566-1624)
The Covino family inherited the property from the Sbaraglini who were a noble family in the time of St. Francis, and decided to restore the property using traditional materials to maintain the charm and beauty of the hamlet within its surrounding countryside.